Cardiovascular diseases are one of the largest causes of mortality across the world. Coronary heart disease includes various disorders of heart such as angina and heart attack, congenital heart disease etc.
Smoking kills nearly 40 percent of all heart patients every year. Heart attack occurs when the blood flow to the heart is blocked due to the depositions called plaque in the coronary arteries and their branches. This process is called atherosclerosis and it reduces the flow of the blood to the heart that may lead to heart attack. If the artery remains blocked for long time then this may result in permanent damage of the heart muscles.
Cigarette smoke contains a no. of chemicals like:
- Nicotine-it is an addictive drug that affects brain and muscle activity.
- Tar-this a sticky material that contains lot of substances that may cause cancer.
- Carbon monoxide-it is very poisonous and makes your heartbeat faster.
Nicotine in smoke causes harm to the heart by:
- Decreasing the supply of blood to the heart.
- Increasing the blood pressure and heart rate.
- Causing damage to the heart and its arteries (heart attack chances are increased.)
Possible risks of the cigarette smoke:
The following are the smoking risks-
- Stroke risk increased many folds.
- Heart attack risk is also increased.
- A kind of coronary heart disease called peripheral heart disease that can further lead to gangrene is also increased very much.
Second hand smoking or passive smoking is also a big factor for causing chronic respiratory problems. It is one of the most dangerous method with which a serious health hazard occurs for the non- smokers. People who inhale the smoke from the smokers are also at a risk of getting a heart disease. Exposure to smoke especially in the children and babies increases the risk of pneumonia, asthma, bronchitis and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
Smoking is a habit that can be harmful to both the smokers and the non-smokers. Quitting smoking will reduce your chances of developing and dying from any kind of heart disease. Also you must try to avoid any kid of second hand smoke. There are various positive benefits you might feel once you quit smoking.
- Your rate slows down.
- Blood pressure also drops to normal.
- Oxygen level in blood is increased.
- CO levels of the blood is reduced.
- Within one to two months the ability of the lungs to clean themselves also increases.
- Within one year of quitting smoking your chances to have a heart attack decreases.
To stop smoking one must be mentally and emotionally ready. You decision of quitting must not be to please others but it should be for the sake of your own health. Avoid the triggers that initiate you to smoke and ask your doctor to suggest proper medication in case of any kind of cardiovascular. Crestor 10mg is an Antihyperlipidemic or Hypolipidemic drug that is given in Dyslipidemia as it reduces the elevated levels of lipoproteins and facilitates smooth arterial blood flow.
This post is provided by David Reynolds. He is currently working for OnlineRx Medicines which deals in buying medication online for Heart Attack.