Sen. Grace Poe already declared herself to run for the presidency in the 2016 elections. The senator made the confirmation on the "Bahay ng Alumni" in the University of the Philippines (UP) - Diliman, Quezon City.
The top two on her priorities are improvements on the educational system and enactment of the Freedom of Information (FOI) bill.
- Enhance agricultural sector and infrastructures.
- Real "tuwid na daan".
- Lowering taxes and electric bills.
- Increase salary for both public and private employees.
- Better benefits for OFWs.
- Reduction of crime and drug rates, peace and order, respect for the human rights of any sector.
- Health programs and accessible PhilHealth benefits.
- Act to reclaim the West Philippine Sea.
- Ease the traffic flow, removing colorum and illegal parking.
- Faster internet connection.
- Promoting arts and sports.
- Focusing on climate change and tourism.
- Expansion of the conditional cash transfer.
Also, well-known individuals are present to witness this confirmation of Sen. Grace Poe, such as San Juan Rep. Ronaldo Zamora, NPC stalwarts Quezon Rep. Mark Enverga, Valenzuela Rep. Sherwin Gatchalian, and some showbiz personalities like Boots Anson-Roa, Albert Martinez, Zoren Legaspi, Carmina Villaroel and Jeffrey Santos.