Did you know that there are foods that are good for the health when freshly eaten?
1. ChocolateIt is better to munch roasted cacao rather than processed chocolates that are commercialized in the supermarket. Cacao is enriched of antioxidants that helps lowering down the blood pressure. Also, it increases serotonin which helps balancing your mood. Serotonin is a chemical found in the body, it carries the signal to the nerves which are called neurotransmitters. Usually found in brain and intestine.
2. Fruit JuicesLike chocolate, fruit juices are commercially available on the market. Goods that are in plastic sachet or canned. But better drink a juice that is came from a fresh fruit. We can get more vitamins and healthful minerals because fresh fruit juices are not mixed with chemicals, sweeteners and harmful preservatives.
3. GarlicIt's commonly used as a seasoning in cuisines but preferably garlic is advisable to be eaten raw. According to one study, eating fresh garlic, two or more times a week is helpful and can help to rid the risk of having a lung cancer.
4. Red Bell PepperEating grilled red bell pepper reduces its stored vitamins, so it is better to eat them raw. Red bell pepper is rich in vitamin C which also found in orange, lemon and lime. Moreover it is also a source of vitamin B6, E and magnesium.
5. OnionEating raw onion is good for the body. It has allicyn, a phytonutrient that helps to prevent starvation. Onion also helps preventing cancer and also reduces the risk of high blood pressure.
6. BroccoliBroccoli is one of the vegetables that should not be missing from the list and should not be forgotten. It has numerous advantages, broccoli is rich in vitamin C, calcium, potassium and protein. It also contains sulforaphane, a compound that helps fight cancer cells, lowers blood pressure, helps maintain a healthy heart, and has antioxidants.
Based on the study conducted by Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, people who often consume raw broccoli quickly absorbs sulfrophane compared with those who consumed the stewed broccoli.