Want to carry a mobile phone that gives you a complete protection against all vulnerabilities? DeWalt MD501 is said to be the toughest handset sturdy-built running in Android OS. The maker claims that DeWalt MD501 reaches class IP68, means that the phone is completely waterproof, rustproof, and weatherproof. The DeWalt MD501 is also a dust resistant device, with a very rugged exterior, featured with dual-SIM capability and initially packed with Android Lollipop.
Freezing and Scorching Temperature Survival
Rugged Title BattlesBefore getting too excited with this powerful phone. We need to check other brand that offers the same features. Seriously, Caterpillar owns the title and continuously producing tough mobile devices. Seeing that the tool maker DeWalt started to make their own move, competition for building durable phones is now on the market.
Downsides of DeWalt MD501
- DeWalt MD501 does not offer 5m waterproofing to par with the Caterpillar latest phones.
- No thermal camera, a feature boasted in its opposing brand Caterpillar S60.
- It comes with a very small internal storage, precisely 16GB although the device supports expandable external memory.
- Android OS is outdated, Lollipop is the current system and right now Google already has Marshmallow.
Good Things About DeWalt MD501
- Although the device is for overall users, it is specially made for people who work in construction, travelers, and hikers.
- Dual SIM can ease you from bringing another handset, you only need one phone for business and personal.
- Sharp five-inch display.
- Screen is strengthened with Gorilla Glass 3.
- Chemical resistant.
- Shockproof, endures 2m drop test, survive after landing on a concrete flooring.
- Resistance to chemical spillage and harmful vibrations.
- Can be operate in hazardous environment.
DeWalt MD501 Specification
- (Network) 4G LTE-FDD Band 1/3/7/20/28, LTE-TDD Band 39/40/41
GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- (Operating System) Android 5.1 Lollipop
(Android 6 ready)
- (Memory) External memory microSD up to 64 GB
- (Body) Size: 156 x 82 x 14 mm
Weight: 245 g
- 13 MP rear camera
5 MP front camera
- Processor MT6735 1.3 GHz
Memory 16 GB ROM/2 GB RAM
- (WiFi) IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- (SIM Slots) Dual micro SIM
- (Battery) 3950 mAh batt. Standby 450 hrs.
Talktime 2G/3G: 480/420 min.
- (Media) Radio, MP3 Player
- Bluetooth® 4.0
- USB OTG
- Near Field Communication, mobile data collection in real time
- Wireless charging: QI standard
- (IP68) Waterproof: 30 min. up to 2m, impervious to dust and particles
- Operating range from -20 °C to 60 °C
- For use with gloves
- Drop-protection, withstands 2m drops onto concrete
- G-sensor, gyroscope, pressure, magnetic, light & range sensors
- 5" (12.7cm) HD Bright View Gorilla Toughened Glass 3
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS
- Amplified loudspeaker