A Taser is an electroshock weapon sold by Taser International. It uses electrical current to disrupt voluntary control of muscles causing "neuromuscular incapacitation". Someone struck by a Taser experiences stimulation of his or her sensory nerves and motor nerves, resulting in strong involuntary muscle contractions. Tasers do not rely only on pain compliance, except when used in Drive Stun mode, and are thus preferred by some law enforcement over non-Taser stun guns and other electronic control weapons.
Tasers were introduced as non-lethal weapons to be used by police to subdue fleeing, belligerent, or potentially dangerous people, who would have otherwise been subjected to more lethal weapons such as a firearm. A 2009 Police Executive Research Forum study said that officer injuries drop by 76% when a Taser is used.
However, while Taser CEO Rick Smith has stated that police surveys show that the device has saved 75,000 lives, there has been some controversy where Tasers have been implicated in instances of serious injury or death.
- Bug Zapper (you can buy this on some 'Made in China' stores and price is around P100 up to P300)
- AC Power Plug
- Soldering Iron
- Soldering Led
- Plier or Scissor
- Grab the bug zapper, only the handle is need for this project. So, just keep the metal-netting part.
- Disassemble the zapper using screwdriver. Also, remove the battery if it is connected on the circuit. Once disassembled, you will see 3 wires connecting to the netting part of bug zapper. Cut these three wirings using a plier or scissor.
- The wirings are; 2 silver-colored wires (combine as seen on the picture below) and 1 covered with insulation (peel off at least 1-2 centimeters exposing the metal part.)
- Get the AC Power Plug. You can have this by checking your old appliances that are no longer functioning.
- You can try using nails instead power plug metal connectors. Watch the video provided below.
- Using soldering iron, connect power plug metal connectors both on bug zapper. One is for the silver-colored wire and the other is for the one that has insulator earlier.
- If all are good re-assemble every parts. Now, you have your own taser.
These images should be a perfect examples for you finished project!
The taser is made special for self-defense only. Use it accordingly and don't do anything that may end up for your own disaster. Hahaha.... :-D
If you are having some problems about the procedures. Please, check additional information on the credits.