Social Security System (SSS) pensioner will be receiving an additional P2,000 raise on their monthly pension as the Senate third and final reading achieved a positive votes for the increase. A good news for an estimated 1.9 million pensioners of the Social Security System.
Enrile supported his vote with statement that modifying the bill will grant SSS pensioner a what so called generous benefit and may end up for the “bankruptcy of the SSS.”The People Who Supported the House Bill 5842 in the Senate
- Senators Cynthia A. Villar
- Senate President Pro-Tempore Ralph G. Recto
- Senator Teofisto “TG” Guingona III
- Joseph Victor Ejercito
- Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr.
- Francis Joseph G. Escudero
- Jose “Jinggoy” E. Estrada
- Ferdinand “Bongbong R. Marcos Jr.
- Senate Deputy Minority Leader Vicente “Tito” C. Sotto III
Aside from saying it's an early Christmas gift for the pensioners, Drilon also added as retired workers, given their old age, they have maintenance medicines and special requirements that add to their daily living expenses. Increasing their pension is the least Senate could do to reward them for the decades of their hard work.