Qatar maybe a good place to smokers who are into quitting their beloved cigarettes.
Qatar in Banning TobaccoThe Embassy of Qatar based in the Philippines had already advised the Filipino government on the said ban on tobacco products as well as equipment or materials in producing or using tobacco.
The tobacco ban covers the following;
- Electronic cigarettes or commonly known as vape.
- Chewing tobacco in any form.
- Swaika is a kind of tobacco made substance that can be taken by chewing, absorption, and inhalation.
- Any similar product or made in any form of tobacco.
- Even advertisement, sponsorship, or promotion aim to introduce tobacco product is highly prohibited.
The Penalties if Someone Bring Tobacco in QatarThe ban of tobacco is supported by Qatar’s Law No. 10 of 2016 on the Control of Tobacco and its Derivatives. The law has strict procedure both in import and use of products made from tobacco.
Anyone who found violating the law will face legal consequences and liable to imprisonment term not exceeding six months and a fine not exceeding QR100,000.
You should never carry any these tobacco products while entering and traveling Qatar.